Monday, September 11, 2006

1,10,1000,10000000,100000000...God?

Kids blow my mind...where do they get things?

"Miss Perry if numbers go on for forever then where did we come from?"

What in the world? One of my kids asked this question after I was explaining that numbers go forever and ever. It apparently got his mind going in a completely different direction. I was so unprepared to answer this question but apparently the other kids in my class were not. I got responses like ... "God made us that's where we came from" ... "Yeah Adam and Eve had kids and then they had kids and so we came from them,so really we are all a family"... the boy then responded with " Well, ok but where did God come from?" A few of my kids were stumped but one said, " We don't know but that's who made us." Then they all looked at me...awesome...I was like "Well guys some people believe in God and they believe that He made us." They took that answer and then started talking about something completely different. Looking back maybe I should have said more...but at the time I think that was best.It was a funny question to begin with!

The girls in my class are adorable. They are such big helpers always wanting to help me, file, pass out papers, erase my board, and apparently find me a boyfriend. I had the class working on their TX symbols books around the room and one says, "Miss Perry do you have a boyfriend?" I said, "No!" they said, "Well Miss Perry we are going to get together and find you a boyfriend." I was like great. Erika predicts I will be getting some phone calls from their 14 and 16 year old brothers soon.So guys don't worry I'll be dating soon!

Just thought I would share some funny stories with yall! The last few weeks have been great! Last weekend I got to see so many of my bests (of course not all of them but I will be seeing those this weekend in Abilene!!) Then this past weekend I went to a Counting Crows concert which was GREAT! Lets see ...Jen and I had a fabulous guest for two weeks which we are sad b/c she has now left (Kenli we miss you!) I'm about to buy a car which is annoying but exciting I guess! That's it, my life in a paragraph.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Ros,
Let's talk tonight! When will you be in Abilene? I'm going Thursday night, and I'll be there until Sunday. I love your school stories, and hope that those precious girls can find you a man! I'm calling you tonight...

Kara said...

ros, it was good to see you for the past two weeks! woo hoo