Sunday, August 20, 2006

I am loving life!

Oh my gosh I love being a teacher! Seven months ago if you asked me what I would be doing now teaching would have been at the bottom of my list maybe not even on it! Which is shocking considering that is what I got my degree in but I got soooo EXCITED about event planning I couldn't see beyond that dream! I still would love to do that one day or incorporate that into my life along with teaching but I could not be more excited to be where I am now. Who knew a little conversation Erika and I had at Chick-Fil-A would have changed my life! I love my school district...I love my team of teachers...and I love my kids!

We started school this last Wednesday and it was so Fun! I wasn't nervous at all I was so excited! I think some of my kids were scared of me b/c I was squealing as they entered the classroom! I have made my classroom look like a beach (I will try to post pics later)and they love it! They all want to sit under my yellow and white beach umbrella and read! They love to listen to Jack Johnson's Curious George sound track as they hang out during the day! I have a great class I think....Miss Perry has had to pull a few to the side already and let them know who was incharge! I think it will be a great year though!

I have one funny story I want to share real fast ...our principal's son is in the fourth grade classroom across the hall and she was asking him how he liked fourth grade. He was like "I love Mrs. Sharrock (his teacher) so much and my class .." ...and his mom was like what else do you like..and he was like "Also Miss. Perrywinkle across the hall..she has these big diamond earrings that are like the size of her teeth"...my principal thought it was so funny out of everything he could have said about fourth grade ...he commented about Miss Perrywinkles earrings...it was so funny! Those of you who have not seen my earrings they are quit bling bling...I love them! Kids say and think the funniest things!

I love living here in Austin...I've been here seven months and I can not believe it! Erika and I were talking today about how we finally feel like we LIVE here now and feel apart. We have been going to this church where we have made some friends and are really starting to feel apart of a community! This one family has really just adopted us and made us feel so welcome and accepted and it is so nice! I love being apart of a Christian community that is so supportive and encouraging!

God is good and I have been reminded of that so much through what he has been doing with my life! He has reminded me of this passion I have for kids and helped place me in the most perfect place for me to grow and be used to glorify Him. He has placed various people in my path to support and guide me and I am so thankful for that! I feel like He has answered prayers with things above and beyond what I could have imagined I would have wanted for myself. What an awesome God we serve and I pray I serve Him daily and glorify Him in all I do!

8 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm so glad your first week was wonderful! It's neat to think your kids will look back to their 4th grade year and remember what a great teacher they had...you'll be legendary:) (you and the earrings)

ewall said...

Ros, you are so great. :) I'm glad that things are going so well for you in Austin! What an amazing teacher I'm sure you are, thanks for sharing what is going on with you, it is such an encouragement to hear! I love you friend

Kat said...

I know the earrings, the ones that are as big as tv screens! I'm excited to know that your teaching experience has been so wonderful thus far. What a blessing you are to those kids. Let's talk soon. Love you.

Cody Blair said...

love it. happy for you

Jen said...

i'm so glad we have a home together. but i only scored a 70 on your quiz. part of that was stupid mistakes, maybe test anxiety. but your mom's name, i knew that one! i am ashamed.

Katie said...

Ros, I miss you!
It was so good to read how you're doing, I can tell you're SOOO excited! You need to update more often b/c your entries are always fabulous and cheerful! I love you!!!
Hooper

Kara said...

i can just see you sqeeling as your students enter the room! how fun!

Cortni said...

I am so glad you are enjoying 4th graders!! Teaching is the most rewarding job ever (coming from a teacher) and like Cass said, they will always remember YOU! How neat is that!?!

My 3rd graders listen to the Jack Johnson Curious George soundtrack too! Isn't it great!?