Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Ranchers



THIS IS MY NEW SCHOOOL!!!!!

I finally got a job and I am now a 4th grade teacher in Leander ISD at Rutledge Elementary! I am so excited! It all happened so slow but yet so fast. I have waited ALL summer for this one interview and I finally got it last week! I was then passed on to the principal of this school and had my interview yesterday! She hired me on the spot! My principal is so great and the staff that I have met are great as well! I will work with 3 other teachers right now, we may be adding a 4th once school starts. I love this district and the community that it strives to be!

I have been reminded this past week how important it is to remain calm and trust that the Lord WILL take care of me! I had been pretty calm all summer when thinking about my job, but last week about this time my mind started to flip out...what if I don't get a job?...where will I work?...how will I pay my bills? ...I don't want to have to look else where..? Now I have to buy a new car and that stinks b/c that wasn't my fault...how am I going to pay for that....All these thoughts were going through my head and then Erika called me and told me that she had meet my principal that day and she still needed teachers and was going to get the ball rolling so she could interview me. I started bawling (shocker) b/c I thought they had just forgotten about me. I was reminded the Lord never forgets it is just in his timing not mine! I just cried b/c I felt so bad that I had doubted that the Lord would take care of me and I allowed myself to worry. The Lord has put multiple people in my path this summer that had I not met I would not have gotten this job. This one man I met at the church Erika and I have been attending is in charge of hiring all the principals in Leander so he worked really hard to get me the interview and job. He has been such a blessing! I was blown away by this man b/c he barely even knows me and he went out of his way to help me get this job. It's so nice to be taken care of by fellow Christians!

So all that to say...the Lord is good and I now have a job and it started today! We started new teacher training today and I will be in training for the next two weeks! It's so fun because Erika is in this same district so we will be able to go through the training together!!

Now it's time for me to decorate my room!!! I can't wait I think I want it to be a beach theme...with lots of pink flamingos, sailboats, and a big yellow and white striped umbrella...don't worry I will for sure post pictures of my room once it is done! My kids are not going to be sad summer is over b/c they will get to go to the beach EVERYDAY!

5 comments:

ewall said...

Congrats Ros! that is awesome, you are going to do such an amazing job with those kids!

Kara said...

YAY! I am so happy for you!

Kat said...

Ros that's so great! I can't wait to hear more about it. Let's talk soon!

Blake and Moriah said...

Rosie I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! -MoMo

Cassie said...

Yea for 4th Grade! Your kids are going to ADORE you. Fourth grade will be their favorite year:) See you soon.