Monday, November 14, 2005

Keep your cats in your house!


So this weekend we had a new little roommate (in our backyard). A little grey and white kitten showed up on our back porch out of no where. Linds, Brent and I were sitting in the kitchen and all of a sudden we start hearing a little pitiful meow. Then this little kitten head pokes up over our door window in the kitchen. First off we are shocked out of our mind that it can climb that high and then second none of us really care that it's a lost kitten. This cat stayed at our house all weekend just meowing and wanting to come in pretty much driving us crazy. Poor thing it was lost it had a little pink collar and little bell, but it should have stayed inside it's house then it wouldn't be lost. You would think with 6 girls living in a house that one of us would LOVE cats...no luck...we all HATE cats and really had no pitty on this little thing. Ashley and Macey tried throwing it over the neighbor's fence....we tried ignoring it ... we didn't' feed it or anything hoping it would just leave but without fail it still hung out in our backyard bugging us to death. I was working on a project where I had to spray paint tons of dots and it was getting all in my stuff.....ahhh! Anyways, I do not like cats. I'm sure you want to turn our house in for animal cruelty but we did give in and start feeding "Tootles" (Brent named her). I even made flyers which I drew a picture of our little feline friend and Linds B. and I put them all over the neighborhood. No response yet but thank goodness for Kristin she saved Tootles and took her home until we find it's owner. Now it will not be neglected any longer. All this to say....if you keep your cats inside then they will not get lost, they will not go in other people's yards, they won't eat my childhood rabbit named Jack, and they will not be a problem.

5 comments:

Lindsay Barker said...

That looks just like her...poor kitty. Thanks again for lettin me stay- I had fun! Love ya!

Kat said...

Ros,
I hate cats too. Your house is becoming a zoo...mice, cats, what's next?

JENNY said...

I'm allergic to cats so I've never liked them either.

That's kind of funny that you guys didn't feed it for a while. haha!

It sounds like you are all having so much fun!!

Cody Blair said...

i hate cats, period. and i think his name is spelled "toodles."

someone call jackie walker.

AM said...

Well I thought that I would stand up for the cats. I am a cat lover, I will not hide it. But also I am an animal lover; I love 'em all, cats, dogs, squirrels, big things, little things, soft things, scaly things and all the other little creatures. I just wanted to say this to all the cat "haters" out there. I am so confused as to why cats have gotten such a bad name. Every cat is has a different personality just like dogs. Kitty kisses are just as good a doggie's. And cats are great for things that dogs are not, they fill a different void in the animal kingdom. I promise that if you took a chance on one cat it would change your mind about the whole lot of them! :) For those that are alergic, well that happens and I promise that they don't mean it, just like the little squirrels don't mean to have rabies. Anyway, sorry you had a bad experience with cats, but I had to speak up since no one else said they love them. And I also had to rescue an abandoned kitty in Abilene, even when I didn't want her, and she has brought me so much joy! Great to see your blog. (no hard feelings about the cat right?)