Tuesday, November 29, 2005

If You Give a Pig a Party!

Well my new favorite book is, If You Give a Pig a Party! This week is the book fair at our school and I fell in love with this book. It's just a play off of one of those books like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie or If You Give a Moose a Muffin, they are so fun. This not only includes decorating a party but a jammy jam with all her friends (a jammy jam is a dance party/ slumber party in your pjs, for those of you not into the teeny-bop lingo), too! This book was MADE for ME! Anyway I loved finding that today and thought I should share.

Oh my gosh I've been inspired.....Here I go.....

If You Give Rosalyn a Party!

If you give Rosalyn a party she is going to want to decorate it herself so she will ask you for a Martha Stewart magazine. If you give her the magazine she will not be satisfied with just that one she will actually need a dozen. If you give her a dozen magazines it will make her think of a dozen cookies and she will want you to take her immediately to the United. If you take her to the store she will not just want chocolate cookie dough she will actually want to make a dozen cookie monsters, soooo she will need Blue Bell vanilla bean ice cream to go with it. If you let Rosalyn makes a dozen cookie monsters then she will need 11 more friends to eat them so she will need to send out invitations. If you give her invitations that will remind her she was supposed to be throwing a party and she will need to make a list of more things for the party. If you help her make a list she will realize she hasn't' picked a theme or color scheme and she will want you to take her to Hobby Lobby. If you take her to Hobby Lobby she is going to want to use yellow and polka dots but will realize that Abilene doesn't have any cool crafts or party supplies so she will want you to take her to Austin. If you take her to Austin she will decide she actually wants to have help with the party and will want you to take her to a professional event planning company. If you take her into the event planning company she is actually going to ask for a job.When she asks for a job they are actually going to give her one. When they give her a job she is going to want to throw a party!

Ok I'm sorry that was out of control but actually fun to sit here and write. I think that is how my brain works right now or maybe all the time...I'm all over the place and have no clue what I'm going to do but it's fun I guess!

9 comments:

Kat said...

Ros,
You're weird, but I'll definately be one of your 11 friends who helps you eat the cookie monsters! Love you.

Lindsay Barker said...

That was funny....and scarily true somewhat!
Love ya our little party planner!

Jen said...

maybe if you give rosie a job, she will want to live in a tiny cozy apartment with Jen! hurray! and if you give her an apartment she will want to decorate it too and throw another party there!

Cody Blair said...

wow...hmmm...

JENNY said...

That was really funny, Rosalyn! I love it.

Ashley said...

I like your story...maybe you sould become a childrens author! Julie and grandma would be proud! Ha! 2 more days!! See you monday!

Cassie said...

Wow...that was something else:) I could just hear your squeally little voice getting more and more excited with every sentence...

Blake and Moriah said...

Rosie,
I loved your little story. The entire time I was picturing a little mouse named Rosie who was wearing a white hoodie! You are too cute... I can't wait to see you! I love and miss you!
-MoMo

Emily said...

Thanks for the birthday wish...and congratulations to you miss soon to be ACU graduate-I hear the city of Austin is counting the days till you arrive! You sure you don't want to come on over to Fort Worth instead? Love the story by the way...made me want a cookie:)
Love you,
em