Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"I think it is quite possible that I am falling for you..."


So for those of you who do not know.. Josh and I got engaged on Friday night!!! It was an incredible night. Josh was so thoughtful and so sweet about everything. He had asked me earlier in the week if I wanted to go on a date that week. I had been begging him to take me to the Trail of Lights at Zilker park. He never wanted to go b/c of the crowds and having to park...blah blah...but he finally gave in and wanted to go.(Here is Josh in his awesome parking spot really close to the park....that he never thought he would find..haha!!)

So he picked me up on Friday and we headed to Ztejas, this is the restaurant that we had gone to on our first date. We had a wonderful dinner outside and then headed to Zilker Park to see the lights. Once we got to the park we walked around looking at the lights for awhile and then we went to "the spot." This is a place that Josh had also taken me to on our first date. This place overlooks Town Lake and you can see the reflection of all the lights of downtown on the lake. It is so beautiful! So we sat down there and Josh started being real sweet. He told me he had an early Christmas present for me and pulled out a bible. He began to read from 1 John and then had me finish it up. As I was reading he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! He then showed me that the Bible had my new name on it, Rosalyn Haug.
I was so excited I kept saying, "we are getting married, we are getting married!!!" We then went and saw the big tree of lights and then headed to his parents' house. On the way up there I kept asking a million questions, "do my parents know? does Camille know? How did you ask my dad? Can I call them?...etc..." before I could do any of those things we arrived at his parents house. There were tons of cars on the street and he brushed it off saying there must be a big Christmas party going on. I of course was thinking too much about everything else to worry about all the cars. Little did I know Josh had prepared a surprise party with our family and friends!! I flipped out .....I walked in and the first person I saw was Camille...I of course got ugly cry face and didn't let go of Josh for 5 mins. It was so awesome...all the people here in Austin that Josh and I love were there to celebrate with us. I was so blown away that Josh had planned all of this for me. He knows me so well to know that I would want to celebrate with everyone!! It was such a wonderful night!!! ( Here are my sweet friends the Petersons. I work with Vikkie and the little girl in the brown is Kaitlyn and she is in my class at school! I love this family! It was so special for them to be there!)

( The A-Team)

( Here are some of the girls that were there! )

( This is Josh and his brother Kendal)

I'll post more pictures later but my brother-in-law has them with him in Russia! He even has a recording of Josh and I telling the story to everyone at the party...it's so funny! So maybe I'll figure out a way to add that on! We don't know when the wedding will be yet...we are hoping for the 4th of July weekend!

11 comments:

ewall said...

Ros! i'm so excited for you, what great news! blessings sweet friend--

Ashley said...

Yeah!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you. :) What a sweet story!!

annalee said...

what a perfect rosalyn engagement! josh did awesome and we are so excited for y'all!!!

Kelli said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Have a great New Year's!

Kenli Shea said...

You never called me and told me specific parts of the story, liar.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ros! Dave and I are so excited for you and wish you guys the best!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ros! Dave and I are so excited for you and wish you guys the best!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ros! Dave and I are so excited for you and wish you guys the best!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ros! Dave and I are so excited for you and wish you guys the best!

Sarah said...

Congrats!! That is sooo exciting. You guys look perfect and happy together! YAY!

Deb Weck said...

YEA, Rosalyn! I am so excited for you! =)