Friday, December 14, 2007

Faculty Follies 07

So my school decided this year that we were going to put on a talent show to raise money for our book room. Some teachers thought it was a great idea while others wanted to abort immediately. I of course was one of the teachers who was ecstatic about the whole idea and decided to volunteer to be on the committee and help co-direct it. No one at school was surprised at all about my involvement considering the grass routine I had performed last year infront of my whole faculty. I guess they figured a young girl who thinks dressing up in a grass costume waving her arms around on a stage singing in harmony (and enjoyed it) was crazy enough to organize a group of 60+ women/men in a faculty talent show.

At first we were going to make the show directed towards bedtime stories b/c we were raising money for the book room. Some teams stuck with that theme while others did whatever. It all worked!

Once the night came we decided on the theme of ..."Let's go to the Movies"....we started the show off with Daddy Warbucks and Annie coming down the isle towards stage while all the faculty dressed in black waving flashlights around the room with that song playing. It was so cool...I started crying watching the kid's faces through the opening. I think it shocked the kids that their teachers had put so much time and effort into this. Here is the stage minus the NY City buildings that were on stage. ( I forgot to take the pictures that night so these are the following week when some stuff was gone and moved )
Here is one of the popcorn boxes I made and put in the foyer along with hundreds of stars and a ticket booth. I was telling Erika this performance was the Siggie Cinema I never got to decorate for. I have had these dreams of popcorn boxes, scene counters (I don't know if that's what they are called but it's that thing in the first picture), and movie film decorations since Senior year. I know that is ridiculous but I wanted to decorate that rush with this stuff and didn't get the opportunity to do so. Now was my time! Haha! Again I didn't get a good pic of this foyer all put together. :(
Ok, so my team decided to dress up like the leader girl characters in the most popular story books in Elementary. We painted the cover of our books and then used them as our props. We placed our books on stage and jumped out of our books when the music started! We danced to the song Fabulous, from High School musical. The kids went crazy. It was so fun! Here are our pics of our books. I was Junie B Jones!!!





Every grade level did something and they all turned out so cute! The finale was all the faculty dancing around to another High School Musical song, We are All in this Together. A few of us learned the dance from the movie and danced around in b ball jerseys. It was so fun! The whole thing went better than we ever thought. We ended up selling 681 tickets and raised over $3000 it was awesome!!! I was in HEAVEN organizing all of it! I laugh b/c sometimes I think I learned more about organizing people making props and embracing my creative side at ACU than I did about teaching children. I totally felt like I was back in College preparing for Sing Song and I loved every min. of it! It was a hit and I think it's on for next year! I can't wait!

4 comments:

annalee said...

oooh, i loved looking at each and every picture again (even though i just saw them last night). that looked like an amazing production, but i wouldn't expect anything less from a sing song sensation like yourself!

mary beth said...

ros, how cute are you? i wish my job was that fun! minus the kids, of course...J/K!!

Stephanie said...

Oh Rosalyn, you did such a great job! It looks like it was a blast!I'm sure your kids adore you!

Kenli Shea said...

You are so great. That made my day, seriously. I miss you. You need to go back to ACU and get the sing song job it would rock.