Friday, December 14, 2007

6 inches of Snow on Thanksgiving

So this Thanksgiving I got to go home and Josh went with me. We got to spend some time with my dad's side of the family on Wednesday night out in the country. On Thursday we woke up to sleet outside our window and the Macy's Day Parade on TV. Josh was so thrilled to watch that instead of football. I don't think he realized that in an all girl family you watch the parade with girls kicking their legs in sync with music rather than boys kicking balls through goal posts. We ended up compromising don't worry! The rest of the day was spent with the Acosta's (Camille's in-laws) eating Turkey, watching football, and sitting by the fire! It doesn't get any better.

So the sleet I mentioned, ended up turning into HUGE snowflakes that came all day and stuck. It was so beautiful. For those of you who know my mom know that this made her very happy. The next few pictures are of Rose twirling in the snow! She loved her life that day.


By the end of the day we had almost 6 inches of snow. It was so beautiful. Josh and I drove around Abilene and I showed him all the old stomping grounds. Aka...ACU...our Campus Ct. House...UCC...The White House...intramural fields...etc. I wish I had taken pics of all the snow that was everywhere ....here is our backyard around 4:00. Well this is a post way over due...just wanted to throw it out there before all the Christmas ones begin!

1 comment:

Jen said...

i love how Rose doesn't have a jacket on.