Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Camp Eagle

Well I just got back from a GREAT week! I got invited by Kenli and Zach to go with Oak Hills Church to be a middle school counselor. Kenli and I ended up getting the girls who were going into 9th grade and it was very challenging but quite rewarding! It's amazing to look back and see where God's hand was throughout the week!

Lots of our kids had very real issues and it seemed so unfair for them to have to deal with them. Early in the week I got so sad and confused I questioned God and questioned why these kids have to deal with such real life things at such a young age. They didn't ask to have the parents they do or didn't choose the life they were given. I was so frustrated b/c I thought I do not understand where these kids are coming from and I have not experienced anything like some of the things they had and I was questioning why I was there and questioning how God was going to use me. One night we had a time of praise and worship and I just stood there and listened to the band and the words to the songs and I was broken....the songs were saying..."God you are glorious and bigger than air..." another saying "you paid it all...all to HIM I owe...sin had left a crimson stain you washed it white as snow.." and the final one sang, "How GREAT is our GOD, How GREAT is our GOD" and I was broken and couldn't believe that I for one minute I doubted that God could fill these kids and help them overcome there life situations and that no matter what all these kids needed was love and the confidence that the Lord will be with them. I was there to show them love and unconditional love at that. I was reminded that God can move mountains and He did. Throughout the week all over camp not just kids from my group but all over were giving their lives to Him and committing to serve and honor Him with their lives and it was awesome! I was so proud of them and so excited to watch the Kingdom now be changed by them!

I was listening to Ginny Owens today and the song "If you want me to" came on I know most of us have heard it before but it's such a great song to hear and actually listen to. My favorite part is...

"It may not be the way I would have chosen
when you lead me through a world thats not my home
but you never said it would be easy
you only said Id never go alone"


We know this has happened to us all and will continue to. We have all been in valleys and we have all gone down paths we would have chosen to be different but look we are on the other side standing tall and more blessed than we could have imagined! What a blessing it is to have Jesus on our side and walking along side us everyday! I believe one way the Lord walks beside us in these times is giving us friends and providing us with community to carry us through that valley. I just pray for my kids that they find that community and those friends that will help keep them strong and will be a reminder that they are not alone when times get tough.

Here are the rest of the words so you can read through them..

Cause Im not who I was
When I took my first step
And Im clinging to the promise
Youre not through with me yet
So if all of these trials
Bring me closer to you
Then I will go through fire if you want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
when you lead me through a world thats not my home
but you never said it would be easy
you only said Id never go alone
you oooh oh.

so when the whole world turns against me
and Im all by myself
and I cant hear you answer my cries for help
Ill remember the sufferin your love put you through
And I will go through the valley
If you want me to.

Thanks for letting me share my heart today!

6 comments:

Kat said...

Ros,
You can share your heart any day! It was good to hear you share those stories and I know those kids were blessed to have women like you and Kenli there that week. You are a blessing to many. Love you friend.

ewall said...

ros--girl thanks so much for sharing! i appreciate hearing about your time at camp and what was going on in your heart and mind.

We just started PSP (our summer program) this week, and I have been asking some of those same questions. thank you for you dedication for the Lord and for the way that you've encouraged and blessed me today! love you friend--

Kara said...

ros-
i really do believe that your words were meant to speak to me today. i am in a valley today, but you brought some light. thank you. love you
kara

Cassie said...

great thoughts and words! one of my all time favorite songs! thanks for that. oh--and it comes on the Style channel (the wedding stuff)...it's a great one.

jennifer said...

i'm so glad i'll get to see you this weekend! we can gorge ourselves on blizzards. yay!

Kenli Shea said...

I could not have said it better myself. I am so glad you got to come. I am going to camp tonight and we will talk when I return. We all need to get together soon. Next week. Love ya.