Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I caught the ball !!!!!!!!!


Tonight we had an intramural football game and it was a close game of 3 touch downs to 0 (I'm not sure what that score would be) but it was so fun. This season I play safety and love it. Some games I get action and others not so much. I'm not going to lie I usually have a hard time catching the ball...I think that's why they put me at safety b/c usually girls don't have too good of passing games. So most of my time is spent cheering on the rest of the defense and trying to stay warm by spinning around or doing silly cheers to myself. Anyways to get to the point tonight the ball was thrown in my direction and I got so nervous but relieved when one of my other teammates was going to intercept the ball and I wouldn't have too. (but wait she missed it and it fumbles out of her hands right into mine) hooray I caught the ball and for a moment was unsure of what I was supposed to do next. I quickly realized I was supposed to run and managed a few yards!! I was so excited! I'm not meaning to brag but I haven't' really caught a ball all season and just needed to share my excitement and joy with everyone else! Our team is still undefeated and are trekking along! Dave thanks for being such a great defense coach and cheering me on tonight! For those of you who didn't recognize me that is me in the picture up there pretty cool catch huh?

5 comments:

ewall said...

Ros! Yessssssssssssss!!! that is awesome, so proud of you, I can totally picture that happening! love you Ros--

Jen said...

huh, rosie i never realized how much you look like Jason Avant of the University of Michigan. i pictured the whole event happen in my mind as you were telling your story. it is a BIG deal to catch a ball and when i say that i am not kidding or being sarcastic...i'm so proud of rosie.
jp

Cody Blair said...

that is NOT you in the picture. you sit on a throne of lies. (i only say that b/c you should change the picture from a Michigan...barf...to a UT one)

p.s. dave is a liar too.

Cassie said...

Ros

Congrats...catching the ball is a really big deal...I played defense too (not as cool as safety...I was a cornerback) and I NEVER caught the ball. I had so many opportunities and I just couldn't do it...you are SO much better than me:) And I think you look hot in the picture!

Anonymous said...

Ros,
You aren't at safety because you aren't good... you're the best darn safety a team could have. I love knowing that when I miss a flag you will be there to recover for my mess ups! Love you