Monday, April 19, 2010

How much is that doggie in the window?

So I have never really liked dogs...

I'm afraid of them when they jump on me. They stink. They shed. They bark. They cost money. They don't always pee and poop where they are supposed to. They definitely take time and money and can be a hassle... BUT I HAVE NEVER LOVED SOMETHING MORE!!!(Besides my sweet Josh) We got a dog on Christmas Eve and I am so in love with her that I can not handle it. It is amazing how much I do not care that she sheds, that she has stinky breath, that she will bark for no reason, that she cries when we don't give her attention or that she sometimes mistakes our rugs for grass! She has brought so much joy to our little family. We have had so much fun with her. I also like other people's dogs now...which is a good thing!

Who couldn't love this face?













Now that Camille and Marcos are home from NYC we are having a blast watching all the dogs play ... they are out of control. They have a Sheltie named Oliver and a Yorkie named Maxwell. The three dogs are so different and really funny to watch! Here are a few pics on our way to Abilene this past weekend!


3 comments:

Cassie said...

SO sweet! I love that face, too :) I tried to talk Austin into getting a Goldendoodle but I don't think I'm having much luck...maybe you can throw a good word in for me?

PS. I'm loving your new posts!! Please keep them coming :)

Leah said...

Awe, SHELBY!

mary beth said...

i'm sooooo glad you love dogs now! they are the best things in the whole world!! maybe one day shelby and kiwi can meet =)