Thursday, November 19, 2009

Felt, owls, chairs, and chalkboards...




So I am crazy about Anna Maria Horner
I think she has the most unique style and unbelievable ideas and fabric. I stalk her. Anyways I am wanting to make my own Christmas decorations this year (well some of them). I have sweet memories of my mom and dad's first Christmas decorations that my mom handmade. I think it would be so fun to do that as well. So I borrowed Anna Maria's patterns and have gotten to work...I am crazy and am trying to make the garland pictured above. Josh thinks I have lost my mind b/c it has taken ALL week just to make 40 of those circles....I need atleast 90 maybe more. They are sooo cute though who wouldn't want that on their Christmas Tree. I will get them done it's not a problem.

I want my Christmas decorations to be all colors and sort of vintage, so I got the 12 Days of Chirstmas ornaments from C & B and the felt ones. They are adorable! I'm trying to make my own version mixed with Anna Maria's pattern of the owls b/c I can not afford a whole tree of C&B's.

I'm also wanting to hang that cute door over my couch. I love the chalkboard. It will be so fun to change what it says depending on what is going on or what season it is.

Now I am starting to have a love hate relationship with craigslist. You can find some of the most wonderful things but it is so difficult, too. I want 6 old wooden chairs that I can recover the seats. I have the perfect material but no chairs. Hopefully some pop up soon b/c I have a total of two chairs in my house and we are about to have a house full of family and friends. These projects are all I can think about right now...

wish me luck...

3 comments:

Cassie said...

ROSALYN!!!

1) Have you tried places like Goodwill or other resale shops for chairs?? I SO wish I had known you were looking because I just came across some last week for $5 each. I'll go back and look today to see if they have any left. They're SUPER easy to recover. I could give them to Camille to bring to you if they still have them.

2) I LOVE the door. Did you already paint it? I can't wait to see it! That is one of my favorite blogs...such good ideas!

3) I started that same garland the year Caleb was born...but sadly I didn't finish. You've inspired me to get going with it. I have a "12 Days of Christmas" tree and that would be perfect for it...you've given me the motivation to get it done:)

4) I MISS YOU! We need to get our craft on VERY soon.

Cassie said...

PS. Tell Josh that Austin TOTALLY feels his pain:) Austin is always reminding me how crazy I am for starting 10 million projects at once...but I can't help it...and neither can you :)

Rachel Erwin said...

I love it that you are back into blogging! Now I will have a little treat to entertain me at work! I got a sewing a for my birthday from my mama, so I need you to mentor me when we are living in the same city again. :) Do you read the Nesting Place blog? My sister showed me that one time and she was wanting to the door over the couch idea! Small world. love you!