Saturday, March 24, 2007

Happiness

I feel like that word describes my life at this time. If you are like me you sometimes have a hard time seeing into the future and seeing how life can be better. Erika and I have talked about this a few times and how we want every stage in life to be the best. When I left ACU I thought..were those the best years of my life? At the time I thought they were and thought how can I find friends as good as the ones I had there? How can I create experiences like the ones we had during those years? What will the years to come look like, who will be in my life, and will I be as happy?

Well most of you already knew this (and knew I would figure it out....eventually haha!) but there is life after college and its GREAT! I love being a teacher and I love living in this big city. I love being challenged by the world and deciding why I believe the things I do. I love that I am surrounded with people who are different from me and learning from them. I love that my friends from growing up and ACU are still my life long friends and that those relationships have not changed much. I love that the Lord provided me with a community here with friends that are just as great as my others. I love that I have met Josh and that he is now a consistant part of my life here. I am thankful that we have a God who is so gracious and so loving!

I was reminded how blessed I am this past weekend when a ton of us reunited at some dear friends' wedding!

Yellow beads, polk-a-dot dressess, childhood friends, college reunion, bride and groom what could make a weekend better? I was sad not to get to visit more with everyone but was so glad to have almost everyone I loved in one place!!








7 comments:

Kat said...

I miss you Ros! I want to meet Josh so bad...let's chat soon!

Kara said...

so i see that you have converted josh into wearing yellow too! very nice....
i am so glad you still love Austin. hope to see you soon!

Cassie said...

Perfect summation of life:)

I've come to find out that happiness follows you wherever you go!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you are you and we are friends.

Blake and Moriah said...

I miss you Rosie. It's a funny feeling when you realize there is life after college. But you know... "A friend is just a friend until you have something to share..." and we will always have ACU and Siggies. How corny can I be? By the way... every time I see "Siggie" yellow it makes me think of you, and I smile!

annalee said...

you beautiful, beautiful girl! i love seeing that huge smile on your face in all those pics!

Katie said...

Rosalyn!
I just read your blog and it made me miss you a whole lot. Yay for your boy and your fabulous life and our fabulous LORD! love you!