Tuesday, October 25, 2005

One Friend, Two Friend, Old Friend, New Friend

Well I have a ton of things flowing through my head right now. I just read Erika's blog where she talks about how crazy it is to be so far away from the people she loves the most but knows it's ok and is being blessed by her experience. Then I read Cody's blog where he challenges us to think and make a list of why we love Jesus. Well I haven't come up with my list completely but of course one of the things at the top of my list is friends. I think why on earth do I deserve friends and not just any old friends but the most extraordinary friends. I'm sitting here going through names in my head of different people who are apart of my life and not one name comes to mind that I could imagine my life without or could imagine who I would have been without their influence. I do not deserve them and that's one reason I'm thankful for Jesus. He has blessed me with so many, some have just meet in the last few years through club or ones I meet my freshman year to ones that came along in High School and then some that go back farther. As long as I can remember I have been surrounded by incredible people and that I am thankful for.

I think the hardest thing about leaving college is not trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life (party planner/teacher) but how on earth can I get all my friends to live in the same city with me. Yes, I do realize that is unrealistic but wouldn't that really be sooooo GREAT! Why doesn't life just work like that?

I know change is ok but it is so hard and sad sometimes. TodayI am going to help one of my closest friends move to Alabama. For the last seven years she has been a constant in my life. She moved here our Sophomore year in High School, I can not imagine how Camille and I would have survived with out her during those years. We all got to go to ACU together, be apart of Siggies and travel the world while we studied abroad, along with being roommates. We have experienced so much and have been so consistent in each others lives and it will be so weird to only see each other a couple times a year.

I do know this is not the end of the world. I know that I am still surrounded by a ton of people I love and I always will be. This isn't the first friend to move and will not be the last. Change is hard for me but God is good and will continue to bless my relationships with my friends whether we are in the same city, state, or country!

So one reason I am thankful for Jesus is because he blesses us with friends, even though he might send them to other states for awhile or even other countries
.!

3 comments:

JENNY said...

Rosalyn,

I agree with you..the hardest part about all of this change is leaving the people you love the most. I pray that the Lord will continue to bless you. Thanks for the encouraging words this morning.

Love ya,

Jenny

Blake and Moriah said...

Leaving is the hardest part! How about everyone moves to Nashville in May??? Sounds good to me! Rosie, I love you and your honesty! Leaving is hard, but it can bless your life in ways you will not be able to comprehend! I cannot wait to see you at Christmas!
-MoMo

Kat said...

Ros,

Great post...I'm blessed by our friendship and am so glad you haven't left Abilene yet. Too bad your party planning business would be a bust in Tulia, there's not much opportunity here, but the Lord is still faithful. Love you friend, can't wait to see you when you're back in town.